If you are looking to market your business through Facebook, there are some strategies out there that can help. Regardless of what business you’re in, these strategies may prove helpful in getting the word out about your products. Here are some of the better-known marketing tools and tips available for Facebook users.
1. The App
Probably the most important marketing strategy you can employ is the app (or many apps). Short for “application,” apps are software that can enable you to do all sorts of interactive things, from hosting events to holding contests. Here are a few of the apps you might consider adding to your Facebook business page.
- Events – The Events app lets you spread the news about what’s happening. You can notify large numbers of people and update them quickly about an event and its details.
- Networked blogs – You can use this app to update your latest blog post in your profile feed and to add your blog articles to your page.
- Make your own – You can customize your own applications on Facebook. This could be a way for your creativity to make your business stand out. If you don’t have the skill to do this yourself talk to us here at OSP this is one of those things we excel at. Some examples of custom apps could be:
- Opt-In – an app that reflects the look of your website and that contains a giveaway and opt-in box so you can buil your email list right from your Facebook page.
- Sales Page – describe and sell a book, product or highlight a service
- What We Do – describe in detail what you can do for potential clients and why working with you is the right choice.
2. Research your market
Any marketing strategy is improved with market research. You can research Facebook’s demographics online – articles abound that relate the results of case studies and demographic research. This might best be tackled through an online search – type “research Facebook demographics” into your search engine and examine the results. You can also search Groups on Facebook in many markets.
3. News feed
There are various tactics for getting your information to spread rapidly, but some knowledgeable Facebook users say that news feed is the best way to get this kind of coverage. The news feed is the central part of your Facebook page; it’s where your activity is posted and it’s the first thing people see when they visit your page. This is also where you interact with your target audience and where posting the right information (high quality info relevant to your target audience) can position you as an expert in your field or niche.
4. Selling items
Facebook recently got on board the retail train – several “Payment” or “Store” type apps allows you to upload your inventory to Facebook and sell your items from your page. Customers can purchase items through the now-familiar shopping cart/checkout strategy, right from your Facebook page. You even have the option of offering discounts to people who click the “Like” button.
5. Join groups
Joining groups gives you a means by which you can post informative videos, links, and so forth in your demographic. Join groups that are relevant to your business and participate. You can also form groups of your own and